The Victron Solar Mppt 150/45 tr 12-24-48v regulator allows the connection of solar panels in series up to 150V in open circuit.
The Victron 12-24-48v 150 / 45tr Mppt Solar Regulator has an ultra-fast tracking of the maximum power point of the photovoltaic panels to get the maximum daily production from your solar installation. It allows the connection of 3 panels in series of up to 72 cells and can operate 24 volt panels in 12 volt systems. Victron 100 45A mppt regulator can carry a maximum of 650w of panels in systems at 12v, 1300w at 24 and 2600w at 48v
Advantages of a Victron 150/45 Mppt Solar Regulator from 12-24-48v
On the market there are two types of regulators, maximizers or mppt like victron 150/45 and there are also so-called pwm (pulse width modulation). Mppt regulators have many advantages over pwm and are the recommended option as long as the budget allows.
- In the first place, a victron 150 / 45tr mppt regulator allows the series connection of panels, that is, we can enter the regulator at a voltage higher than that of the battery. In this 45Ah victron regulator we have a maximum of 150 volts in photovoltaic input open circuit, so, for example, in a 24 volt system we can connect three 200w 72-cell panels in series. By being able to enter a higher voltage, we facilitate series connection by reducing the wiring section and minimizing losses due to voltage drop.
- Secondly, with a victron 150 / 45tr mppt regulator we obtain more production than with a pwm, the mppt takes advantage of 100% of what the photovoltaic panel produces, obtaining yields of up to 30% higher than pwm. With fewer panels we obtain the same performance as with a pwm regulator and more panels, so the higher investment of the mppt is justified by lowering the investment in the photovoltaic panel. For example, 8 300w panels with a pwm dimmer will perform roughly the same as 6 300w panels with a mppt dimmer.
- Thirdly, we have that the mppt charges more on cloudy days since by connecting panels in series and entering a higher voltage, on cloudy days the mppt will charge earlier thanks to the fact that it will always have enough voltage to exceed that of the battery . In an mppt regulator like the victron with 3 plates of 72 cells in series we enter 105 volts, if it is cloudy we can go down to 70-80v which is higher than the 24 volts of the system and therefore will contribute the load produced by the panels. In the pwm we enter 35 volts, so if it is cloudy we can have less than 24 volts at certain times and we cannot exceed the battery voltage and therefore charge.
Screen for the Victron blue solar Mppt 150/45 TR 12-24-48v Solar Regulator
There is the possibility of adding an external screen to all victron blue solar mppt regulators such as 75/15, 100/15, 100/50, 150/45, 150/60 ... thanks to V.E direct communication. The screen is recessed and with it you can view battery voltages, load watts, load amps among other parameters and also configure the regulators for each type of battery. Screen for victron blue solar regulators
Main characteristics of the Victron blue solar 150/45 TR 12-24-48v Mppt Solar Regulator
- 150V absolute maximum colder conditions
- 145V startup and maximum operation
- Maximum efficiency 98%
- Self-consumption 10 mA
- Charging voltage 'absorption' Default setting: 14.4 / 28.8 / 43.2 / 57.6 V (adjustable)
- Charge default 'float' voltage setting: 13.8 / 27.6 / 41.4 / 55.2 V (adjustable)
- Multi-stage adaptive charging algorithm
- Temperature compensation -16 mV / ° C resp. -32 MV / ° C
- Battery Reverse polarity protection (fuse, not user accessible)
- PV reverse polarity / output short circuit / over temperature
- -30 to + 60 ° C operating temperature (total power rating up to 40 ° C)
- Humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Data communication port and VE.Direct remote on / off control (see data communication document on our website)
- Parallel operation Synchronized Not possible